When you’re in the job-hunting mode, three-day weekends can sometimes signal a chance to let your guard down, an opportunity to let up on your planning. Don’t let a long weekend derail your job-hunting plans. Here are some ideas to keep you on track:
• Create a schedule to use over any three-day weekend or holiday timeframe. Make sure that you assign yourself at least one item to accomplish every day.
• Just because Monday is a holiday, don’t assume that no one’s in the office. Use part of the day to send out inquiry letters and resumes as usual. You may enjoy reduced competition and easier access to the decision-makers in charge of hiring.
• Use some downtime over a long weekend to take stock of your search. Look at what you’ve done so far (companies/people that you’ve contacted, researched you’ve conducted) and chart what you still want to accomplish.
• Holiday get-togethers are a great place to schmooze with family and friends (and friends of friends, etc.). You never know where your next job lead will come from. Don’t be rude or pushy, but have a few sentences prepared to be able to explain to people what kind of job you’re seeking and why you’re right for that job.
• If you currently have a job and are looking to change employment, use a three-day weekend as ‘time-out’ from your every day routine to do some planning on where you want to be, whether it’s staying at your current place of employment or a new locale.
• Take some time off to relax! Use part of the holiday weekend to take a ‘holiday’ from your search. Reward yourself for the things that you’ve accomplished so far.
Welcome to Plenty of Jobs! Thbacklink/a>
seo blog backlink/a>
seo written with you in mind. So backlink/a>
seo site. Be sure to contact us with ideas, suggestions, problems, etc. We are here to help you.
You will notice that there may not, in fact, be ‘plenty’ of jobs here at first. That backlink/a>
seo changing every hour of every day. You will soon find lots of jobs to help in your career search. Keep an eye open for features that you won’t find on other sites. Candidate videos, chat rooms, forums… Be sure to upload a resume so that you can be in the database of ‘searchable’ candidates. Employers can’t find you if they can’t search for you!
We are excited about the group of Mentors that we’re assembling to help advbacklink/a>
seoe job seekers in many different aspects of the career process. If you yourself think that you have what it takes to be a Mentor, please let us know.
The Internet has become one of the most efficient avenues to use when job hunting. All you need are basic computer and Internet skills; for example how to use a search engine, how to send and receive e-mail, writing a basic application letter and how to attach files.
When implementing a job search, you need to do more than just find jobs.
seo a must that you keep your job search organized. Make sure that you keep good notes regarding what positions you applied for, with what companies and on what dates. There are few things that might sink your chances faster than a Human Resources department getting two different cover letters/resumes from you on two different moliva some time to research the companies with which you’re applying. Vbacklink/a>
seoit their Web sites and find out as much as you can about them. An online search can be helpful in finding out facts that they may not have posted on their own Web site. See if they have a Facebook page. More and more companies are taking advantage of social media outlets. Having pertinent facts about a company can be invaluable when you are creating a cover letter to them, or later when you have an in-person interview.
So that’s all for now. We’ll be back later with more. We could lie and say that thbacklink/a>
seo will be fun. Looking for a job backlink/a>
seo usually not fun – you’ve lost your job or you dbacklink/a>
seolike the job that you’re currently in and trying to find a new one that you will like better. In any case, while the job hunt might not be ‘fun,’ we hope that Plenty of Jobs backlink/a>
seo helpful, educational and entertaining. Good luck and welcome!